The DC area's only
bicycling club for
Bike & Brunch, Inc.TM
P.O. Box 5858
Bethesda, MD 20824-5858
ARE YOU WILLING TO LEAD ONE OR TWO BIKE & BRUNCH RIDES THIS SEASON?
Ride leading is EASY, fun and rewarding. Everything you need will be mailed to you before the ride. Ride leading works as follows:
- You will be mailed a ride packet including cue sheets and the sign-in/waiver, and a list of safety notes
- All you have to do is bring the cue sheets, arrive at the ride start a little early so you are there when folks start to arrive, and then identify yourself as the ride leader.
- About 10 minutes before the ride is scheduled to leave the parking lot, you'll gather folks together and go over the saftey notes on the sheet provided, and ask folks to introduce themselves.
- The cue sheets will indicate where the post-ride lunch will be, including a phone number - it helps to give the restaurant a call to give them a heads-up that we will be coming with a group, and we'll start filtering in around 1/1:30ish.
- ENJOY THE RIDE! YOU CAN RIDE YOUR OWN PACE, at the back, front or middle of the group
- After the ride, fill in a brief survey and mail it and the sign-in sheet back in the stamped/addressed envelope provided.
- And if you're new to ride leading, or not entirely comfortable talking in front of groups, there are ALWAYS veteran B&B riders there to help you out.